As businesses close throughout the country to aid in social distancing and halting the spread of COVID-19, we have been designated by the government as an essential business that may remain open to support our community during this time. That being said, we’re not conducting business as usual. Your safety is greatly important to us, which is why we’ve implemented special steps to protect clients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Though these may change over time, here are the current steps we are taking to reduce the risks associated with this novel coronavirus:
- The majority of our work sites are closed. We are continuing with bare-bones staff on vacant work-sites where social distancing is able to be implemented easily
- Our technicians are equipped with hand-sanitizer, mask, gloves and shoe protectors. In the event that a technician is required to visit a site (for example catastrophic lighting or network failure), customers will be advised to vacate the areas we are working in. Ideally we will be able to enter and exit via a secondary entrance.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and self isolate for 14 days until they are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines. Employees are instructed to notify their supervisor immediately upon experiencing any symptoms.
- Measures are in place to address employees who have recently traveled or have family members who have tested positive for COVID-19. They will go through a risk assessment for potential exposure and be directed to stay home if necessary.
- Disinfectant wipes are readily available throughout our job sites and permanent locations to wipe down frequently touched surfaces including workstations, countertops, door handles, remotes, and touchpanels. In the field, our installers also have wipes handy to wipe down tools and equipment before and after each use. All employees must wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We appreciate your trust during these unprecedented times, and we take the health and wellbeing of our clients and employees very seriously. To protect our staff, we also ask that our clients communicate if anyone in your home or business is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to the virus.